This cushion trend has been around for a long time now. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think this was originated from Korea or Japan.
The problem for me was the shade that you could buy that made from Korea was only available in 2-3 shades which did not cater for my skin tone. So I was not interested at that time.
Now that I am “not getting younger” haha, I feel like I need something lighter on my face. I know have normal/combo skin but I don’t want the matte look anymore. Maybe on special occasions but for day to day I would like something light and easy to apply. No fuss. So, I am on a hunt for a good cushion foundation that I can easily put in my handbag for any touch ups.
I went at Myers Miranda and a SA helped me on choosing the right cushion foundation. From YSL to Dior to Lancome.
I have tried some tinted moisturisers but nothing tickle my fancy. So I thought maybe I give cushion foundation a go. Again my problem is the shade. Nothing matches my skin tone, it’s either too orange or pink. I tried the YSL cushion foundation but it looked ashy or slightly whitish on my face. The SA at Myers offered me to try the Chanel cushion which I was not aware that Chanel came out with cushion foundation in LES BEIGES collections.
This one out of the other cushions I was trying out was slightly different. It was light on the face and it felt cooling as the SA applying it. If you are looking for a foundation that would give you coverage, this is not for you. Why?It doesn’t give any coverage but it somehow enhances your complexion looking fresh and radiant.
I thought to myself, this is what I need for day to day as I don’t go out much and I am a full- time mom. Even though the downfall of this foundation is the shade, and would be great for dry skin I still bit the bullet and bought it.
Here are the claims from Chanel websites:
- It is an innovative gel foundation that reveals a complexion glowing with freshness and radiance.
- Its dewy finish revives the skin at any time of day.
- Its ultra-fine, fresh aqua-gel texture provides buildable coverage on either bare skin or over existing makeup for any touch-ups.
- For extra convenience, its flexible fabric screen releases the perfect dose.
- Composition:– Healthy Glow Booster mineral pigments instantly deliver a fresh radiant glow. Together with soft-focus powders, they create an even-looking complexion with an exquisite sheer finish.
– The water-based formula of LES BEIGES HEALTHY GLOW GEL TOUCH FOUNDATION creates a refreshing cushion on the surface of the skin for an instant sensation of hydration. Thanks to a hyaluronic acid derivative, the formula provides hydration and comfort all day long.
– Enriched with Kalanchoe extract, an active botanical ingredient with protective properties, and SPF 25/PA+++ sunscreen, the formula strengthens and protects the skin against external aggressors.
It comes in a classic Les Beiges packaging with the iconic Chanel logo. Like the other Chanel products this looks luxury. The inner packaging is like any other cushion compact with that lid that you have to make sure you put it on properly otherwise the foundation will dry.
The middle bit where the product is located, this usually is made out of sponges. However, this one is made out of flexible fabric screen which dispense enough products and doesn’t saturates the applicator with so much products.
This foundation doesn’t last long on my oily skin. Especially in this heat that we have in Australia. Summer here and winter on the other side of the world hehehe. While the other brands offers refill cushions, this one is sadly not.
Excuse any flaws, I’m not flawless. haha! My hair, please ignore. I had them cut so short and I’m not good with making them look good. “what you see, is what you get” – that fully describe me. About the product on my face, it didn’t cover my sun spots and eye glass indentations. My pores are looking great! (NOT)
This is available at Myer and David Jones and it retails for AUD$91
Any thoughts on this cushion foundation?? Please let me know.
Thanks for reading!!
Disclaimer: This is not sponsored. All the claim infos provided where from Chanel websites.